Wednesday 11 February 2009

Hello World!

Well, those of you who come from IT background are definitely aware what "Hello World!" is - first attempt to do something new. And that is exactly what this post is meant to be!

I am not sure there will be any visitors or readers around here and whether my reflections are of any particular interest.. But why not give it a try?

I've been blogging for years already for my friends (250 readers on my Livejournal blog) telling about my trips, studies, languages and lifetime experiences. 
Well, now time has come when I need a space to write down my ideas and thoughts about professional, not personal life. At least I need a personal "piggy box" to collect my discoveries, reflections and, of course, mistakes... At most, I want to have a place to share, discuss and learn.

Nevertheless, If you ended up here in one or another way, let me introduce myself.

My name  is Vladimir.
I am native Russian, who grew up Central Asia, studied in Russia, Czech Republic, Italy and ended up working in the Netherlands, serving clients Europe-wide.
Strictly speaking, I am an IT guy, who happened to have formal education in Professional Communication and General Management subjects as well. (You can always find more on my LinkedIn profile or personal website)

Though creation of this blog is a direct result of my professional involvement in technology driven Supply Chain and Operational Management improvements and high fresh interest in Lean Thinking, Six Sigma and TPS...

Therefore, coupling of IT vs.  Lean will probably be the main topic of  this blog. But, again, who knows, where it will bring me? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment